Whether you shout, “Go Mighty Titans!”, rise up and light the flame, or back Bucky till the very end, this year’s peregrine falcon naming contest is just for you.
Wisconsin Public Service (WPS) is rallying your team spirit with a special contest in honor of some of Wisconsin’s most beloved college mascots.
Make sure your alma mater gets the recognition it deserves by voting to name this year’s chicks after big personalities like Bucky, Phlash and Clash.
The names with the most votes will be given to the falcon chicks that hatch at WPS and We Energies power plants this spring. A total of 15 chicks are expected in the coming days and weeks across our nesting sites. You can watch the falcons on the live nest box webcams.
- Bucky — in honor of Bucky Badger, University of Wisconsin – Madison
- Pounce — in honor of Pounce Panther, University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee
- Stormer — in honor of the Stormers, Milwaukee Area Technical College
- Clash — in honor of Clash the Titan, University of Wisconsin – Oshkosh
- Iggy — in honor of Iggy the Golden Eagle, Marquette University
- Willie — in honor of Willie Warhawk, University of Wisconsin – Whitewater
- Blu — in honor of Blu the Blugold, University of Wisconsin – Eau Claire
- Sly — in honor of Sly Fox, Fox Valley Technical College
- Stryker — in honor of Stryker the Eagle, University of Wisconsin – La Crosse
- Newton — in honor of Newton the Eagle, Northeast Wisconsin Technical College
- Stevie — in honor of Stevie Pointer, University of Wisconsin – Stevens Point
- Rudy — in honor of Rudy the Red Hawk, Gateway Technical College
- Maximus — in honor of Maximus the Gray Wolf, Moraine Park Technical College
- Ollie — in honor of Ollie the Owl, Waukesha County Technical College
- Freddy — in honor of Freddy the Falcon, Concordia University
- Phlash — in honor of Phlash the Phoenix, University of Wisconsin – Green Bay
- Ranger — in honor of Ranger Bear, University of Wisconsin – Parkside
- T.C. — in honor of T.C. Timberwolf, Northcentral Technical College
- Musko — in honor of Musko the Muskie, Lakeland University
- Grit — in honor of Grit the Cougar, Mid-State Technical College
- Pete — in honor of Pio Pete, Carroll University
- Lenny — in honor of Lenny the Snow Leopard, Lakeshore Technical College
- Ember — in honor of Ember the Firebird, Carthage College
- Sammy — in honor of Sammy Sabre, Marian University
- Buzz — in honor of Buzz Yellowjacket, University of Wisconsin – Superior
- Roscoe — in honor of Roscoe Raider, Milwaukee School of Engineering
- Norby — in honor of Norby the Green Knight, St. Norbert College
- Angel — in honor of the Blue Angels, Mount Mary University
- Viking — in honor of Blu the Viking, Lawrence University
You can vote as many times as you want between now and Tuesday, May 9, to make sure your favorite names make the cut. Be sure to #SquawktheVote by sharing this link with all of your friends.